This applies to the installation of a split system. If the installation is back to back the indoor unit is placed on the same wall as the outdoor unit reducing the amount of pipe run required to connect the two units.
Refrigeration pipes run straight down to outdoor unit positioned
What size unit do I need?
Not only the size of the area but also the amount of glass and the heat load generated from the number of people occupying the area will determine the size of the unit needed.
What if I am building a new home or undergoing renovations?
New Edge Group is able to provide a quote on a new air conditioning system from your detailed floor plans. We assess your requirements and prepare a proposal.
What is an inverter air conditioning system?
An inverter system uses a variable speed compressor, which means the cooling or heating capacity of the air conditioning can be varied to suit indoor conditions. This makes inverter units more economical & efficient to operate as well as quieter than standard counterparts. These units will operate at a lower outdoor temperature and will bring the room to the correct temperature quicker. Inverter systems are available as wall hung splits or ducted systems.
How long does it take to install a new air conditioning unit?
We can arrange the installation at a time convenient to you. Most residential installations of a split system generally takes 4-6 hours. An installation of a ducted system generally takes 1 day. If additional work is required the time frame may extend.
What maintenance is required for my air conditioning unit?
Air conditioning units require regular service to prevent against untimely or expensive repair costs. Regular maintenance or service has many benefits and while it prolongs the life expectancy of the system it also maintains its efficiency, reliability and its effectiveness.
What brands of equipment to you service?
We service all brands.
- Set the air conditioner temperature in winter to between 18-21°C and in summer to between 23-26°C.
- With systems that have adjustable air slots, position them towards the floor when heating and towards the ceiling when cooling.
- Inspect and clean filters regularly
- On a hot day, try and turn the air conditioner on as early as possible
- On very humid days have the fan speed set to slow
- Don’t set up televisions or lamps near the thermostat for your air conditioner
- Have your air conditioner regularly serviced